Monday, October 3, 2016

Reading Notes: Chinese Fairy Tales-Part A

Bibliography: 

Chinese Fairy Tales- The Chinese Fairy Book, ed. by R. Wilhelm and translated by Frederick H. Martens (1921)

                                           The Seven Lucky Gods by Tsukioka Yoshitoshi

The theme that struck me the most in this series of stories was their use of luck and fortune. It is clearly a big part of Chinese tales, and because of that it seems necessary to use it in my own story. 

I personally really enjoyed the story of the Panther and the little girls because it reminded me of Red Riding hood and it would be fun to further play with that story. 

I also liked the story of the dad leaving his girls in the wilderness, they killed the fox and wolf to become people of great wealth. There is a lot of unique attributes to these stories that will allow for a great creative story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment