Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 8: Growth Mindset

This class plays on a lot of my strengths but also several my weakness and I use this course to work on improving all skills.

I have always been a perfectionist when it came to school and work, but this class has really pushed me outside of my comfort zone into a more creative mindset. It has tested a lot of writing boundaries for me and even made me uncomfortable at times. I am a technical perfectionist and being allowed to write in such a free manner has been difficult for me but given me a great chance to grow in my writings.

Trying new things is something else I have struggled with because I prefer to stick with things I know. This course has opened up my reading and writing to new stories and ideas that I wasn't sure I would enjoy.

Due to the fact I work full time I have really had to focus on doing work at the last minute in this class which is something I always struggled with in my earlier years of college. Thankfully, I have grown over the years and continue to learn to improve my time management.

I am really looking forward to reading new challenges and further developing my ability to write in a more free form and creative way. I hope to challenge myself further by pushing my knowledge of mythology and lore and reading stories that I have never learned of before this class.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Lu! I also struggle with perfectionism and I agree that this class has been great in helping me overcome that. It's so nice to have a creative outlet, and everyone's comments are so helpful and encouraging. It's refreshing to see that there are other people in the class who have had similar challenges to myself. Good luck with the rest of your semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that this class is helping you grow! It feels like Laura built this class with convenience in mind which is great for you since you have a full time job! As a major procrastinator, I too find myself doing work at the last minute. As an expert, let me tell you that it gets easier and the quality of the work that you produces gets better. All it takes is some creativity which this class is great at teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I completely agree. I feel like so many people, myself included, struggle with perfectionism. This class definitely pushes that boundary, but in a fun way. I've enjoyed stretching my limits and reaching new potential and hope you have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a perfectionist also! College has definitely helped steer me away from that though. There isn't enough time for me to be one haha. I have a three year old and a three month old so I get the having to do things at the last minute. This class makes it a little less stressful when it comes to that though, so I'm grateful for that. I'm glad this class has helped you explore new things and has helped you improve your skills! That is really cool.

    ReplyDelete