Monday, October 24, 2016

Reading Notes: The Song of Hiawatha-Part A

Bibliography:



As a child I had a cassette tape that played the song of Hiawatha and I remember listening to it endlessly and loving the way it sounded more like a song than a poem.  After reading it again for this course I was struck with the same sense, this poem flows and reads beautifully. I wish I could write a story to reflect that but sadly, I'm horrible at poems. 

I want to portray the family aspect of Hiawatha. I love his interactions with Nokomis as a child. I also love that he faces off with his absent father. I have one of those myself, so I can relate to his feelings and may attempt to incorporate that into my story. 

What I really intend to do is use the beauty of the language and descriptions to write my own story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment