Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Reflections

The readings and writings for class have expanded my creativity further than I ever imagined. I have never fancied myself a creative writer, I always preferred strictly research writing (probably why I love history) but this class has inspired the courage to explore the other side of writing.

I really love the stories I have been choosing to read and plan to continue my expansion in mythology in folklore. I am already very familiar with classical mythology but I have greatly enjoyed learning about new tales. It is my hope to continue reading stores that are not familiar to me so that I can learn more about my passions. My favorite story so far is Cupid and Psyche, it is such a romantic tale of tragic love.

It was hard for me to imagine a time where I would enjoy writing stories but this class had made me enjoy this style of writing. There is a constant enjoyment in seeing what new angle I can take on an old tale. I would like to continue to pursue this new creative side and come up with more fantastical stories.

I hope I have been doing a good job giving feedback but mostly I just love seeing how amazing the other classmates are in their writings. Every story is so unique in it's own way and I enjoy reading everyone's work. I would like to be better at giving specific feedback. Sometimes I am so caught up in the fun of the story that I gloss over the things that probably need some attention.


1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed this class as well. I have always loved writing, but haven't been able to do it as much and so this class has really been enjoyable for me. I also feel like I could do better at giving specific feedback. Sometimes I really try to pinpoint things, but I get so wrapped up in the awesome changes that people have made to the original story that I don't even see the technical stuff. It's definitely something for me to work on. I also love trying to figure out which take I'm going to use on the story that I pick. Sometimes it can be difficult, but I think that's part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete