Thursday, August 25, 2016

Storybook Favorites

I found this post immediately interesting as someone who has grown up in the Christian faith. Marissa is a very excellent writer and her introduction does a great job of letting you know the basis of her story and inciting you to read the story. Her premise of a time traveling father and son are very well done and entertaining while still telling the story of Abraham and his wife Sarah. I found the navigation of her page very easy. It was eye catching without being too much and easily navigated. I really enjoyed this story book. The title "Abraham Who?" is also great one because it lets you know exactly what you're about to learn. Who Abraham is the context of a story.  

                                                            The Sacrifice of Isaac




There is nothing I love more than a good Lycan story, it is probably why "Underworld" is one of my favorite movie series. So this story was an easy choice for me. The introduction is well done and informative. I love the idea of learning the history of the werewolf from the momma wolf teaching her young pups. It made me want to read the whole story (which I did, it was wonderful). The blog was easy to navigate, but not very pretty. Overall, that doesn't matter because I like the side links for each story. It made everything much easier to flip through. The title is exactly right, there were no guessing games for what you were about to read. Clearly, this story is for learning the history of Lycanthropy.  

                                                            Turning into a Lycan


Who doesn't love a good gossip? The title of this story really drew me in as someone who loves Greek mythology and maybe a little bit a gossip as well. I liked the inclusion of the sitemap option in the blog, but probably would use one since all the links to the stories are already in widgets on the side. The introduction was great, it made me feel like I was about to read a juicy gossip column over the Greek gods (which I did) and everyone who knows Greek mythology understands that that those people were crazy and could easily be turned the most entertaining column, which this writer does very well. 

                                                              The Mighty Apollo

No comments:

Post a Comment