Sunday, August 21, 2016

How could I choose just one "Favorite Place"?

I have been fortunate to visit several places that I have grown to love and here are just a few. 



Seattle, Washington- 

I have been able to visit this beautiful part of the country many times throughout my life. My godfather lives there and I used to spend summers with him until I graduated high school. I love the vibe and pace of this city, it's always so funky and fun. 
                                                   Space Needle-Downtown Seattle


New York, New York-

This place truly is a wonderful town. The fast pace and culture is my favorite part of this great city. There is always something to do or see when you visit this place, I never grow tired of being there. I traveled here for my senior trip, my twenty-first birthday, and several other times. My fondness for this city only grows with every trip. I am anxiously waiting the day I can go back.
                                                                     Times Square

Tracy's Arm, Alaska-

The summer before my senior year of high school my parents decided to go on an Alaskan cruise. It has been one of the most awesome experiences of my life. The climate, culture, and people of this state were nothing short of amazing. After whale watching, climbing to see fjords, and eating fresh Alaskan salmon this vacation has remained my favorite family vacation. I will never forget cruising through Tracy's Arm and my mom's complete excitement and awe as my dad was trying to take pictures (he couldn't get the camera lens cap off) of this amazing natural phenomenon. Lucky for us, mental pictures last a life time. 
                                                                 Tracy's Arm, Alaska

2 comments:

  1. What fun places, Lu! I am a fan of both your great cities here, and I hope so much that I will get to go to Alaska someday (my husband actually wants to move there... and with this job I could do that). There's a unit on Alaska coming up in the Native American section of class: maybe you will even want to do a project like that for class! It is a beautiful place that is also the home to many amazing stories: Myth-Folklore Unit: Alaskan Legends

    For the formatting there, I am guessing you copied-and-pasted the text in which brought the white background with it. The way to fix that is with the magic Tx button on the editing bar, which removes all the extra, non-Blogger formatting codes. Here's how that works: Formatting Blog posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you got to go to Alaska! That is on my bucket list. It sounds like you had an amazing time there! Also getting to go to settle is on my bucket list as well. I feel like the culture is so much different out there then it is here or on the east coast where I am from. Just like comparing it to New York City I feel like they are completely different.

    ReplyDelete