Thursday, August 25, 2016

I'm Pretty Excited about these Reading Options

Week Two Reading Choice 

The Iliad, I love this epic poem and always look for an opportunity to expound my knowledge of Greek mythology and epic poetry. Achilles is one of my favorite characters from mythology and I cannot resist another chance to learn more about him.  

 British North America 

These reading grabbed my attention for the simple reason; I love British History and everything that goes along with learning more about the country. I really look forward to reading about their folklore and seeing it reflected in the historical elements of which I am already familiar.  

Faerie Queene 

Okay, this unit is intriguing to me for a very odd reason, I really enjoy the Mortal Instruments book series and I am very curious to see how the legend of the Faerie Queen compares to her representation in the books.  
                                                                    Faerie Queen

Twenty-Two Goblin 

Another book nerd reference, I love Harry Potter (doesn’t everyone?) and I also love stories about goblins. They seem to be such weird, mean little creatures.  

Ovid's Metamorphosis

I read the Ovid in one of my many mythology classes that I have taken along my academic journey and I always find it difficult and confusing. This presents me another opportunity to take a look at it and maybe finally gain some insight into the famous epic poem

No comments:

Post a Comment