Sunday, September 25, 2016

Reading Notes: Japanese Mythology-Part A

Bibliography: 

Japanese Mythology Story source: Romance of Old Japan, Part I: Mythology and Legend by E. W. Champney and F. Champney (1917).


These stories are so much like traditional fairytales it is very easy to see where the ideas for them originated. 

I was also surprised by how similar the Japanese mythology was to Greek and Roman and mythology. It is cleared that the tales all borrowed from each other. 

I liked how Ninigi received three gifts from the gods, it reminded me of Sleeping Beauty. 

The theme that I find most intriguing is the family bond and the fairytale like elements that result in slaying dragons and happy ever after. 


                                                                   Goddess Uzume

No comments:

Post a Comment