Sunday, September 18, 2016

Feedback Focus

The Copy and Paste Method

This method is my favorite. While I find reading out loud helpful this is my preferred method of giving feedback. I used to help edit a friend mine's history papers and I really like the google documents option where you could highlight the portion you wanted to make a comment on and it would save it to the side without changing anything on the actual paper. This method is very similar to the copy and paste because it allows you to read and express your thoughts without really hindering the paper or project. For the feedback projects I believe this is the option I would use most often. 


Reading Out Loud

I like this option as well and would also use this on my own work and whenever I help edit others work. It is the best way to catch missed words, mis-worded phrases or just something that needs to be reworked in the project. While I like this method, it isn't always an option depending on where you do your homework and editing projects. I was usually in the library which made this difficult. Reading aloud gives you the chances to really focus on the reading. 

Timed Method

This one is probably my least favorite of the options because I feel like it doesn't give me the time to fully focus on the project I'm reading. I am an avid reader so staying focused is something I have ever struggled with when it comes to project feedback. I could see how this method would be beneficial to some. 

My favorite story from this section was Zoology 1114 by Bailey Farmer mostly because, I have been there. I remember the lore of walking under clock tower and I had a great love/hate relation with introduction to Zoology my first semester at OU. I think the author did a great job retelling the story of Adam and Eve in a very modern setting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment