Sunday, November 13, 2016

Famous Last Words: I Barely Made It.

This week has been incredibly challenging for me. It is not that I have a lot of outside class work, because this is actually the only class I'm taking this semester, but that my full-time job and full-time life almost beat me this week.

I get easily frustrated when I cannot finish all the assignments in the time frame I want and so this week when I couldn't even complete the first portion of the reading I was stressed. Reading of any form is my relax time and missing it, especially when it's a subject I enjoy like this one, is hard on me.

My job has been over the top this week. I work in dispatch and have a partner that works on the opposite end of the week from me. Great coworker, but sadly, he was sick. When you dispatch buddy is sick, you get called up to bat so to speak. So, on top of my already long work schedule, I worked extra days. I have a wonderful family and needed to celebrate a birthday this week, that involved a lot of coordinating from me. My reading just fell through the cracks. I lose sight of the fact I can easily make up the points later by turning assignments such as the one I'm currently typing. I stress about the now.

After the stressful week I had, my reading assignments were the highlight of my day. I read some really amazing storybooks for the project feedback assignment. A favorite of mine was "Not to Touch the Earth" by Jenna. It was a really excellent story and reading it was such a joy. It was an escape from my stressful days. All of the storybooks I read were great, but this one really stood out to me. I think for these last couple of weeks I need to make a more concerted effort to get my readings done in my down time instead of just trying to squeeze them in during my work days.




No comments:

Post a Comment